Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

On The Craft Table - January 31st

I have been busy, busy, busy crafting.  Since my last craft post, I was invited to be a part of a craft show....in 3 weeks.  Yikes!!  This is my first craft show ever.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  I have been spending every possible moment I can adding to my stock pile of crochet goodies.

Since this will be right before valentines day, I have been making lots of hearts and red flowers.  I have been so busy making, that I keep forgetting to take pictures.  Honestly my house has just been filled with various piles of yarn and finished projects.

Not even my bed has been safe from the madness.  Here I am looking through one of my favorite books, 100 flowers to Knit & Crochet.  I love this book for inspiration.  I am not too good at following the patterns in the book, but it has given me some great ideas.

I may start out with a particular pattern and somewhere along the way, I change it.  Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  Like this flower below which was supposed to be a "six petaled cornflower", but is now a "three petaled I have no idea what it is, but I really like it" flower.  Mainly I love the techniques she teaches, like how to make the loop stitch in the middle of the flower.  That was a new one for me this week.


I am sure there are many others out there who have the same issues as me with following patterns.  With only one week away, I am certainly not trying anything new.  Right now, I am finishing everything that I have been madly making over the past two weeks.  Lots of buttons to sew on, ends to clip and leaves to attach.

I will be posting pictures from the craft show along with everything I made next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment