Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Climate Change

In the spirit of the new year, and new years resolutions and all that, I have been thinking about what other changes I want to make.  I think for the remainder of the month I want to focus on changing the climate.  No, not the outside weather kind of climate, but the underlying "vibe" which seems to flow through my home.

Upon our return home from Christmas away, it became very clear to me that there was very little joy in our house.  In fact there seemed to be a downright gloomy atmosphere all through the house.  It is noticed in the way we speak to each other, the comments we make about our day and even the looks upon all our faces.  I know its winter and the winter blues can be a part of this, but it really is more to do with our mind set.  And I want to change it.

So...where to begin.  How does one go about changing the entire mindset of a family?

Honestly I am daunted by the enormity of the task.  So far, what I have been doing is trying to be super aware of everyone's tone when speaking and trying to gently (ok maybe sometimes not so gently) reminding everyone that we love each other and our voices should reflect that.  I also realize that as the stay at home, homeschooling mom, I set up the tone for the day during the week when my husband is at work.  I know if I am grouchy, then certainly my children will start to reflect that as well.

I think I will have to ponder this for a bit.  I think I will call this Operation Joy, because ultimately, that is what I want my home to be filled with.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment