Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fall Inspiration...


I Love Fall.  I don't know if I could survive in a place that did not have fall.  The changing of the leaves and the crispness in the air.  I marvel at the variety of colors that the trees take on. 


 I especially like the sound the leaves make as I walk through them. And of course all the leaf piles with children jumping in them.  It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

 This past week we have been having what they call Indian Summer.  Prior to this week it was below freezing at night and the day temperature barely cracked 50. Ice was actually starting to form on my deck. In fact, in the video below, you can hear all teh ice melting off teh tree in my front yard.  At first I thought it was raining then realized that it was water dripping from the trees along with leaved being released.  I thought it was pretty cool.

Today I have my windows open and have thrown off the sweater for a short sleeved shirt.  I decided to move my crafting outdoors to enjoy the warmth and the inspiration.  With winter coming and the threat of the "polar vortex" again, I want to soak up as much sun and warmth as I can.

I think you can tell I already have spring on the brain!  Honestly I tried my hand at crocheting a few leaves and was quite unsuccessful so I gave up and did flowers instead.  Happy and warm thoughts!





1 comment:

  1. It does sound like it is raining! How beautiful! Love your fall inspiration! I think this is our last week of Indian Summer ~ 63 felt nice today with the sun shining ~ it's supposed to hold all week, let's hope! :)

    ReplyDelete